Food Bank Information
Find details on food banks and support available in your area.
- Kings Cross Church (The Junction) Are able to provides occasional emergency food parcels for those who may not have been able to access the foodbank.
- Doncaster Foodbank (St James Church): Open Wednesday and Friday 10 - 12pm. Vouchers can be obtained following an assessment of need from the Civic Offices, Citizens Advice and Social and other support workers. Supporting boroughwide.
- Doncaster Foodbank (St Paul's Church): Runs on Tuesdays from 10am to 12pm. It is recommended that people coming to the foodbank have vouchers in place for each instance before they come any of our centres. Information about this can be found here.
- Pioneer Social Enterprice: Open Friday 5-7pm for delivery, available for collection of emergency hampers Tuesday- Saturday. Supporting: Tickhill road, St Catherine's hospital and Averly, Balby.
- Agape Life Chapel International: Flexible opening Monday- Saturday. Referral through office hours 10am-5pm Monday- Friday. Supporting boroughwide.
During Christmas, we will be as flexible as always so we can be there for those who need help
- BME United Doncaster: Open Thursdays: 1-5PM. Referral through online form and email. Walk in is also available. Supporting Wheatley.
- Cantley Neighbourhood Centre: Open Tuesday to Friday 10am- 2pm. Food is also available outside the centre everyday. Supports Bessacarr and Cantley.
- Given Freely/ Freely Given Multi-Bank (St John the Evangelist, Balby): Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10am-12 noon. Provides food, toiletries, bedding, clothing and small household items. Free cafe with hot drinks and biscuits also available. Email: email@example.com
- People Focused Group: Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. Food parcels are free of charge and contain food to last 3 days. The Wellness Centre has a community kitchen in which members can get a hot meal for £1 between 12:30 - 1:30pm Monday to Friday. 45 Montrose Avenue Intake DN2 6PL
- Holmescarr Arks & Craft: The Food Train from the Ark is available every weekday with a delivery outwards in Rossington on Wednesdays.
- Doncaster Foodbank (Holmescarr centre): Open Thursday 10 - 12pm. Vouchers can be obtained following an assessment of need from the Civic Offices, Citizens Advice and Social and other support workers. Supporting Rossington & surrounding areas.
- Edlington Community Organisation: Open Friday 10am-1pm. Works on a referral basis completed by a service. Supporting South Locality.
- Helping Hands: Open Monday- Friday. Contact through the Helping Hands webpage or facebook. Supporting Edlington and surrounding areas.
- Little Einsteins Nursery: Open Wednesday 10:30-12:30. No referral needed. Supporting Denaby.
- Mexborough Food Bank: Delivery of food parcels, Fridays 10am- 12 noon. Referral only. Supports those living in Mexborough, Denaby and Conisborough. Emergency parcels between opening times can also be delivered. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01709 717186
- Askern CRY Foodbank: Open Tuesday 10 - 12pm. Vouchers can be obtained following an assessment of need from the Civic Offices, Citizens Advice and Social and other support workers. Supporting Wheatley & surrounding areas.
- Bullcroft Memorial Hall Foodbank: Open Friday 10am-1pm by appointment. Food parcels can also be arranged by referral. Provides food parcels for those in Carcroft and Skellow but can cover North Doncaster. Email: email@example.com or call 01302 874587.
- Lifeline Against the Breadline: Open Thursday 12-2pm. Brodsworth Community Hub, Woodlands. Supporting Brodsworth, Woodlands, Adwick and Carcroft by professional referral. Contact via facebook page or whatsapp number on their page. A slot will be given for you to collect a parcel.
- Manna Mobile Outreach: Visits are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, however the service is active 24/7. Fill out referral form for support. Supporting North Locality
- Skellow and Carcroft Foodbank: Open Friday 10am-1pm (by appointment), emergency opening Monday- Friday 9am-3pm. Supports Carcroft, Skellow and surrounding areas.
- All Saints Foodbank: Referral forms to be completed by Doncaster Community Hub workers, key workers, doctors, local schools or local Christian Churches. Supporting Woodlands, Highfields, Adwick, Carcroft, Skellow.
- Bentley Baptist Church: Open Monday 1pm-3pm. Referral requested, but also accepts self-referrals. Supporting Arksey, Bentley, Cusworth, Scawsby, Scawthorpe, Sprotbrough and Toll Bar
- Seventh Day Adventists Church Foodbank: Open Sunday 10am to 12 noon. Referral required. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07858 106054.
- Foresters Community Foodbank: Open Monday- Thursday for collection, Friday used for deliveries. Please refer through facebook. Supporting Adwick, Woodlands, Askern , Highfields, Carcroft, Skellow, Bentley, Toll Bar.
- Armthorpe Food Support: Opening times are Thursday 8:30-10am, these are pre-arranged by delivery or collection. Provide free food parcels for Armthorpe residents. Application forms are available at the Community Centre or residents can call: 01302 834069 or 01302 355093.
- Cambeth Community Pantry: 245 Station Rd, Dunscroft, Hatfield, Doncaster DN7 4JP - open every Wednesday 2-4:30pm. Offering food on a weekly basis. We offer a £5 a week membership to access the pantry style shop. This then allows members to access in excess of £35 of food each week. . Contact 07938 999166 or Cambethcommunityproject@gmail.com for more information
- DN7 Foodbank: Open Friday 10am-12pm. No referral needed, just ID required. Food parcels to last 3 or more days. Supporting: Stainforth, Dunscorft, Dunsville.
- DN7 Food Pantry (Cambeth Community Pantry): Membership only. Members pay a £5 per week membership to access the pantry style shop. This allows members to access in excess of £35 of food each week. Including fresh, frozen, toiletries, dried foods/tins and ambient.
- Thorne and Moorends Food Bank: Open Thursday 10am- 12pm. No referral needed, will require ID and the proof of the reason for using the foodbank. Supporting East Locality.
- Moorends Miners Welfare: Wednesday Deliveries. Food parcels delivered to local residents. The foodbank is not open to the public to access, just deliveries. Contact through facebook page.
The bread and Butter Thing
Working with City of Doncaster Council and South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority, The Bread and Butter Thing (TBBT) Food Pantry provides affordable food to hundreds of local families, with no referrals required.
At its weekly hubs, TBBT’s members access three bags of food comprising fruit and veg, chilled food and cupboard staples at deeply discounted prices. Heathy Start cards are accepted and low cost period products are also available.
People interested in using TBBT’s affordable food service need to register as members and should text 07860 063304 or use the contact form at Contact Us — The Bread and Butter Thing with their name, address, postcode and hub they would like to join. Once registered, members receive a weekly text offering the food service which they can then collect from their hub.
You can find your nearest TBBT hub at:
- THORNE: The Rugby Clubhouse, Church Balk, Thorne DN8 5BU
Every Thursday, 1:30pm
- MEXBOROUGH: Mexborough Community Hub, New Oxford Road, S64 0JL
Every Wednesday, 1:30pm
- BULLCROFT: Bullcroft Memorial Hall, Chestnut Ave, Carcroft, DN6 8AP
Every Friday, 1:30pm
- CITY CENTRE: Central Family Hub, Welcome Way, DN1 3LE
Every Monday, 2pm
A reminder that you must be registered to collect a food parcel.