North Your Place Hub
How can the Your Place team help me?
We provide support and information that is unique to families and residents when everyday issues become difficult. You can drop in and see us, speak to us over the phone or send us information by using an email form. We are here to listen and to help to resolve issues or concerns you have for yourself, your family or your community.
Below is just a short list of the issues we can support you with:
- Applying and managing benefits
- Family Support
- Finding local groups and activities for you and your children
- Childcare, what is available and how to access
- Anti-social behaviour
- Housing support
- Debt and financial concerns
- Education support for your child as well as information for adults wanting access to adult learning courses.
Who are we? Meet our team.
We are a small team of six, Jo, Charleen, Alex, Julie, Rachel and Gemma, who can help families and residents with a wide range of things! The team are available face to face, online and via telephone to help with anything that is concerning you or just for a chat. Our Hub is warm and welcoming and sits in the North of Doncaster.
Come in, have a cuppa and a chat and see how we can help!
Where are we?
You can find us in Woodlands library at Windmill Balk Lane in Woodlands DN6 7SB. You do not have to be a member of the library, just pop in for a chat.
We also have the following drop in sessions across the North Locality:
- Copy of Your paragraph text
- Download (628KB - PDF)
DWP Drop-In Sessions
The team have staff from the Job Centre on hand to talk about getting into training and work, they are here in the Library EVERY Tuesday and Friday afternoon between 1-4pm so pop in to see how they can help or email / call us if you cant get into the Library itself.
Citizens Advice Bureau Drop-In Sessions
CAB provide free, confidential and impartial advice and campaign on big issues affecting people's lives.
Their goal is to help everyone find a way forward, whatever problem they face.
We're an independent charity and part of the Citizens Advice network across England and Wales.
They are in the North Your Place Hub EVERY Monday between 10am - 2pm, to use this service please contact Your Place North to book an appointment.
When are we available?
Pop in and see us any weekday Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30 you do not have to make an appointment, you can bring your children with you and have a cuppa while we see how we can help.
How have we helped?
Here are some examples of how the team have helped families in the North of Doncaster:
- The team helped a family progress a Universal Credit Claim and ensure their information on the DWP system was up to date and correct. The parent then progressed into a training program and gained employment follow completing this. The family are now able to manage financially.
- A family was provided an emergency foodbank parcel due to financial difficulties, they then went on to be support by a family support worker who helped with parenting and long term financial planning.
- The team gave a family information on local groups and activities for their children in the half term and summer holidays, the young people have now gone on to volunteer for youth services and help other young people in the North.