Accessibility statement and settings
Text size:

Managing Someone's Affairs

When considering how best to support your relative in managing their own affairs, you will hear of different ways in which you can provide that support. The below information describes the three main formal routes to supporting your relative: appointeeship, deputyship and power of attorney.

Which formal route you choose will depend on a number of things, including:

  • What your relative needs support with, for example whether it relates to benefits only.
  • Whether your relative has mental capacity


Last reviewed: 17/12/2019

Last updated: 1/1/0001