As well as doing something positive for yourself and your community, volunteering can help you:
- improve your self confidence
- gain new skills and experiences
- benefit from training opportunities
- gain references for future employers
- improve your employment prospects
- make new friends
If you do decide to volunteer, make sure that you do it safely. For helpful advice on reducing risk while volunteering visit the KnowHow website (opens in a new window).
To see which groups and activities have volunteering opportunities search our Community Directory (opens in a new window). Remember, the Community Directory is open to any organisation and their inclusion does not reflect any endorsement by Doncaster Council.
You can also find volunteering opportunities on the 'Do it - volunteering made easy' website (opens in a new window).