Please review and correct the information below.

Recovery and Reablement

Our Short Term Enablement Programmes (STEPS) is a rehabilitation service provided to over 18s in their own homes.

It is for those who are recovering from a stay in hospital, getting over an illness or have a long term condition and are finding it difficult to manage everyday tasks.

The STEPS team can support people with things such as:

  • Building confidence
  • Maintaining personal hygiene
  • Meal preparation
  • Prompting with medication
  • Signposting to other services and support networks

This support is available for up to six weeks, during which time the service user becomes more independent.

What Happens Next?

If you’re at home, we will be in touch with you within 72 hours of your service request. We will arrange to visit you to discuss your needs in more detail. If you’re in hospital, this visit will take place within two hours of you being discharged.

On our visit we will perform an assessment to identify your level of independence and agree the appropriate actions with you.

How do I Access STEPS?

To access the service please contact 01302 737391.

You can also access the service in hospital by discussing with a member of the ward staff, who will then refer you to our service.

Last reviewed: 15/11/2016


Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Recovery and Reablement

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.


Close window
Fill out my online form.